Carlson Land Services provides general forestry consulting services. We advise landowners on how best to achieve their goals based on their objectives. Some of our services include:
- Management decisions – We consult with landowners and provide them with the information they need to make decisions such as:
- Is my timber ready to harvest?
- Should I prescribe burn my land this year?
- Are there pine beetles in my trees?
- How robust is the timber market right now?
- Is now a good time to sell my timber?
- Is this the right parcel of land for me to purchase?
These are a few of the questions we are frequently asked.
- Strategic planning – We also develop management plans for our clients to help them maximize their goals for their property. We listen to the landowners goals and objectives and develop a plan that is specific to their needs and desires. Managing property begins with a clear plan of what needs to be done and then we implement whatever tasks are needed to achieve the plan.
- Financial planning – We advise our clients of present and future value of land and timber. This allows them to make decisions they need for future sales, planning for retirement, or passing their property to the next generation. We have also helped many clients divide their property equitably for their children to inherit.
- Expert witness – We provide expert witness testimony and have worked in cases involving timber theft, boundary lines, and sale for division cases.